The Center for Immigration Studies hosted a panel discussion on February 21 featuring three reporters who have covered the border crisis from the frontlines. Their on-the-ground field reporting in Central America, Mexico, and along the U.S.-Mexico border – far from Washington, D.C. – reflects the stories and actions of the primary sources: the migrants, law enforcement, and the residents impacted by the millions of foreign nationals coming to America.
The conversation centered around a new book, “OVERRUN: How Joe Biden Unleashed the Greatest Border Crisis in U.S. History”, authored by Todd Bensman – the Center’s Texas-based Senior National Security Fellow and a former counterterrorism intelligence practitioner and journalist. Bensman writes, “Unfortunately, a fog of fierce partisanship in the media obscures that fact that the border crisis is even happening, as well as basic truths Americans desperately need to know about this historic event.”
Bensman was joined by Chuck Holton, a freelance correspondent who resides in Panama and has reported extensively on immigration throughout South and Central America and Mexico and Charlotte Cuthbertson, a senior reporter for the Epoch Times who covers the Texas border while living in a small border town.
Mark Krikorian, the Center’s executive director and host of Parsing Immigration Policy, moderates this rebroadcast of the Center's panel.
Mark Krikorian is the Executive Director of the Center for Immigration Studies.
Todd Bensman is a Senior National Security Fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies.
Chuck Holton is a freelance correspondent and an award winning war reporter.
Charlotte Cuthbertson is a senior reporter for the Epoch Times
Book: OVERRUN - How Joe Biden Unleashed the Greatest Border Crisis in American History
Chuck Holton's YouTube Channel
Charlotte Cuthbertson's Epoch Times Author Page
Follow Parsing Immigration Policy on Ricochet, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts.
Voices in the opening montage:
- Sen. Barack Obama at a 2005 press conference.
- Sen. John McCain in a 2010 election ad.
- President Lyndon Johnson, upon signing the 1965 Immigration Act.
- Booker T. Washington, reading in 1908 from his 1895 Atlanta Exposition speech.
- Laraine Newman as a "Conehead" on SNL in 1977.
- Hillary Clinton in a 2003 radio interview.
- Cesar Chavez in a 1974 interview.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi speaking to reporters in 2019.
- Prof. George Borjas in a 2016 C-SPAN appearance.
- Sen. Jeff Sessions in 2008 comments on the Senate floor.
- Charlton Heston in "Planet of the Apes".