How many times have we been told by the business, religious, media, law enforcement, and political elites that illegal aliens are just honest, good, hard-working people?
And haven't we recently been told by President Obama that somewhere in the neighborhood of one million illegal aliens who came illegally to the United States will be granted quasi-legal status as long as they haven't been convicted of any really, really, really serious crimes?
Of course the president and other supporters of illegal aliens know full well that most illegal aliens commit multiple job-related felonies as soon as they are old enough to work, including Social Security fraud, forgery, perjury on I-9 forms, and identity theft. And they know full well that law enforcement and immigration officials do their best to ensure that illegal aliens committing these employment-related felonies are never held accountable for their crimes.
Take the case of a Utah family whose child's identity was stolen by an illegal alien. The illegal alien was allowed by employers, law enforcement, medical providers, credit bureaus, the Social Security Administration, the IRS, ICE, and government benefits administrators to use an innocent child's fraudulently obtained Social Security number for years.
Only when the child's mother became aware that an adult was using her three-year-old son's Social Security number for employment purposes was something eventually done. And something was only done then because she carried out her own investigation and literally forced law enforcement officials to act in spite of their concerted attempts to do nothing.
During the mother's investigation she discovered that:
- Her son's Social Security number was used by an illegal alien for employment purposes in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, and 2009. Her son was born in 2006 and even though the number had been used illegally for years prior to his birth, the Social Security Administration still assigned it to him. The fraudulent use of her son's number resulted in three felony identity fraud charges and two felony forgery charges.
- Her son's record showed credit charges totaling $10,397 run up by the illegal alien and her husband. This included an auto loan in 2006 of approximately $9,000 and another in 1999 for pots and pans purchased on a revolving charge account. No charges have been brought for these felonies.
- The illegal alien used her son's number to obtain medical care. This resulted in collections totaling around $7,000 and 11 accounts at various facilities of a local health care group plus care at an OB/GYN's office and some pathology work. No charges have been brought for these felonies.
- A pathology bill was paid for by Medicaid, which raises the question of whether the illegal immigrant illegally received government benefits by using a fraudulently obtained Social Security number. No charges have been brought for these possible felonies.
- The illegal alien also used another fraudulently obtained Social Security number, meaning that she has committed still more felonies and, more importantly, that there may be another identity theft victim. No charges have been brought for these felonies.
Because of the dedication and hard work of the victim's mother, the illegal alien in this case eventually pled guilty to three third-degree felonies — two identity fraud and one forgery.
One can only wonder how many of the amnesty beneficiaries between ages 16 and 30 have committed similar felonies in order to get jobs given that, according to a senior official of the Social Security Administration, an estimated 75 percent of illegal aliens pay Social Security taxes even though they cannot legally obtain a Social Security number.
The fact is that we will never know, since an unnamed administration official is on record as assuring illegal aliens that they will not be required to supply information that would show that they have used fraudulently obtained Social Security numbers.
So hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens who have destroyed the lives of countless, innocent American children in order to improve their own lives will get a pass and their innocent victims will be left on their own to recover their good names and to undo the damage that has been done to them without any help from their government.
It is truly evil when those sworn to uphold the law and to protect and defend American citizens knowingly and willingly sacrifice a generation of American children for the benefit of criminal illegal aliens in exchange for votes.